Countdown's Stormin' Heatwave - aka Stormy - coming 8 year old registered & certified KMSHA. He is being offered for sale for the first time. Fantastic trail horse!
- Stormy is a horse anyone can ride. A horse like him is nearly impossible to find anymore.
- Stormy is a palomino with 4 white stockings up to his knees and a blaze - he is marked beautifully!
- Born 10/2006
- Stands between 15 and 15.1 hands high
- Very smart horse
- Is a people horse - loves attention
- Is fine out in the field with other horses but he is definitely the boss of the herd (mares & geldings) - not a mean bone in him but definitely the boss and he lets them know it.... (read more)
- He is very gentle under tack and very laid back - but he's no dead head!
- He is great on the trails - will go up, over, around, and thru anything - he is very sure footed (he helped build my confidence level on horses).
- He has been ridden on the road with traffic and with large groups of other trail horses on organized rides.
- I like riding him up front, but he does well in front, middle or in the back with a group.
- He loads and unloads well and is good with the farrier.
- He stands still while mounting and dismounting.
- Two photos are of Jonathan Cassidy when he had him for his tune-up last Spring. Jonathan's young niece also rode Stormy.
- I consider myself a solid novice rider and I am very comfortable and confident on Stormy.
- My 84 year old Aunt has also ridden Stormy on trail rides (shown in photo's).
- He hasn't been ridden since July/Aug last year but will be the same whenever he's pulled from the field - the more you ride him, the better he gets and the smoother he gets.
- When I sent him for his "tune-up" for 30 days in Spring of 2013, he hadn't been ridden very much the year prior (only a couple of times), and I wanted to make sure he was ready to go for my Aunt to ride (84 years old) & me! He really didn't even need it but I just wanted to make sure before my Aunt got on him.
- Really, if it wasn't for the fact that we have too many horses right now and we don't get to ride to much anymore, Stormy would be my personal trail horse and he would not be for sale. I really do love this horse and it is important to me that he goes to the right home. Someone that will appreciate him as much as I do.
- Many of the photo's really do not do him justice - his winter color is very light and since he is out 24/7, he does fade in the summer. He will shed out to a light golden color in the spring/summer and his markings show beautifully. He definitely will turn heads when clean.
- Stormy was actually born locally on a relative's farm - both sire and dam are excellent trail horses and excellent gaited horses. The dam is a registered Sorrell TWH and the sire a registered Palomino, KY Mountain Saddle Horse.
- Stormy will make a great trail horse for just about anyone - he is a quick learner and adjusts to any riding skill. I personally wanted to start to ride him in obstacle courses but time just doesn't permit. He's definitely more coordinated than I am! LOL
- Stormy is UTD on coggins & health papers (8/2014) and was vaccinated last summer w/5-way vaccine (rhino, flu, west and east nile virus & tetanus), he is due now for his vaccination.
- Stormy will be sold to an approved home only.
Avoid Scams and Fraud -
Potential areas of fraud: wire transfer, moneygrams, money orders, cashier checks, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Check out the Buyer Safety section for more info.