At Schleese, we are here to help you achieve your goals and to contribute significantly to the protection, well-being and health of you and your horse. We provide personal saddle fit analyses, customized saddle innovation, accessories, and saddle fitting services for riders who care about their horses. We are recognized as the Female Saddle Specialist. Our innovative ‘saddles for women’ are ergonomically designed; allowing female riders to sit properly balanced and comfortably positioned.... (read more)
Our commitment to the highest standards of quality is reflected in our search for team members for our organization. We are currently seeking an energetic, experienced, and hands on finance professional that is able to assist the senior management team in a progressive manufacturing environment.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Financial Controller is responsible for overseeing the accounting requirements of the business and keeping the company on track financially via timely analyses of relevant data, reporting of negative variances, weekly cash flows, forecasting, and inputting of required information to facilitate reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly supervise Accounting, Administration, Logistics, and Inventory control functions
• Consult with the CEO & senior management team on preparation of yearly budgets, budget variances, cash flow forecasting, margin targets, balance sheet, income statements, etc.
• Coordinate weekly/monthly Cash Flow Forecast Reports, Operations & Finance Activity Reports, Sales & Production Report, SFT/ISF Sales Report and Monthly Operations Activity/ Sales/ Production Reports
• Maintain all accounting and financial records of the company including the general ledger, cash and foreign currency management, accounts receivable / payable, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, corporate expenditures and summary financial statements
• Prepare financial statements and management reporting packages on a weekly/monthly basis. Laisse with external accountants for year-end reporting and adjustments
• Supervise and ensure accuracy of work done by Accounting Clerk and other administrative staff
• Administer company payroll including the bi-weekly payroll submission
• Administer the company’s vacation schedule, employee benefits plan & RSP/DPSP plan
• Generate agent commission statements and checks, Sales & Marketing Reports, and manage sales compensation tracking tools
• Calculate and generate remittances for GST/HST, WSIB, EHT, CRA, etc.
• Maintain ACCPAC accounting system including changes to setup and procedures, assist 3S staff with issues, run backups, integrity checks and fix integrity errors.
• Oversee 3S records storage and arrange for records destruction as required
• Assist with new employee orientation; employee file maintenance, manual and Health & Safety review, TD1 & other forms, etc.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in similar role and in a manufacturing setting
• College Diploma or University Degree in Finance and Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration
• CMA or CGA designation considered an asset
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Experience with Microsoft office suite and ACCPAC accounting software
• Executive level thinking-strong business acumen and analytical capabilities
• Motivated and driven to achieve excellence in every area
• Possess a high level of professionalism and integrity while maintaining confidential information of all company and client related matters
Why Work for Schleese?
Schleese offers a structured, supportive, and safe team environment that allows for professional growth and provides the tools to succeed with the opportunity to use them. Submit a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience today to join the team at Schleese Saddlery Service!
Subject: Financial Controller
*Please do not contact the company directly*
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.
Avoid Scams and Fraud -
Potential areas of fraud: wire transfer, moneygrams, money orders, cashier checks, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Check out the Buyer Safety section for more info.