All Around, All Purpose, Barrel Racing, Dressage, Hunter, Reining, Trail, Pleasure, Youth, Other
Stewart Home & School, a residential school for approximately 340 intellectually-disabled students in Frankfort, KY, is seeking candidates for its year-round Equestrian Program. The Equestrian Program is an integral part of the school and involves nearly half of the school population. The beautiful equine facility is designed with the students and horses in mind. Lessons are taught five days a week in English style riding, driving, and classroom sessions.... (read more) Please check out our website www.stewarthome.com for a more in-depth view of our school.
Following is some information regarding the position:
• Regular Scheduled Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00-4:30 p.m. plus two evenings per week 5:45-7:45 p.m. (assisting Recreation Staff)
• Good salary and benefits.
• Seeking candidates with appropriate Bachelor’s Degree or above
• Seeking candidate comfortable with draft horses
• Seeking candidates who are PATH Intl. registered or willing to become certified
• Seeking candidates who are CPR/First Aid/AED certified or willing to become certified
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create and teach riding, driving, and classroom lessons with director assistance
• Assist in daily barn management such as scheduling vet/farrier, ordering feed, etc.
• Assist in coaching Equestrian Special Olympics
• Supervise student workers and help maintain cleanliness of facilities
• Solid experience working with horses
• Solid riding skills
• Experience teaching classroom lessons a plus (both equine and other subject)
• Assist in other departments as needed
• MUST BE PATIENT, POSITIVE and SAFETY-MINDED AND HAVE GREAT COMMUNICATION SKILLS!
Avoid Scams and Fraud -
Potential areas of fraud: wire transfer, moneygrams, money orders, cashier checks, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Check out the Buyer Safety section for more info.