Starr came to Riding Star Ranch from a Georgia auction as a team that used to pull an old covered wagon. She was incredibly lame and underweight, but now she is moves considerably better. Starr is a wonderful trail horse and would make a perfect husband horse. Kids trail ride her and she rides right next to a road. We think she would make an awesome therapeutic horse as well. She still drives and will drive either double or single.
Her team mate Blaize is also for sale. ($1,500 for the pair)
We are offering her for adoption/foster because we relocated to a new location and need to downsize on our herd.
- Stands on cross-ties, clips and bathes
- Loads onto a trailer with minimal hesitation
- Has great ground manners when grooming
- Stand while being saddled; not cinchy
- Lower her head to be bridled
- Lifts feet for farrier, but is very lazy about it and will slam her hooves down when yelled at
- Has sore shoulder from when she pulled and can only be used for walking and very lite trot trail riding
Would do well with any level of equestrian, beginners-advanced.
Please call and/or text (386) 848-7953 if interested.
Company / Facility:
Riding Star Ranch -
Riding Star Ranch is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that offers equine assisted educational and therapeutic programs.
Our mission is to educate and inspire equine enthusiasts in safe and proper handling, care, management and riding of horses through our various programs. We also take in unwanted and neglected horses, rehabilitate and retrain them and help find them loving, knowledgeable forever homes.