HAS BEEN SOLD
This stunning, healthy Paint gelding has a huge amount of potential! He has been ridden western, English, on trails, and worked from the ground in a round pen. He's smart, quick to learn, and likes to work. He also has a lot of energy- not a lazy horse! Would make a great show horse as well as a pleasure horse.
Dakota is friendly towards other horses and animals. Loves being around people and being doted on!
However, Dakota has not been ridden in two years due to his owner being ill. He will need some training to bring him back to his potential.
His last vet check-up was in March 2012 and is up-to-date on vaccines. He's healthy, sound, and with no bad habits. He's currently barefoot and has his feet trimmed regularly. Has trailered well.
He is registered with the American Paint Horse Association. His certificate of registration and lineage is available upon request.
We would love for him to have an owner who will give him a lot of attention and some training. His ideal home would have other horse companions. We will reserve the right of first refusal should he be sold or given away in the future. *Needs an intermediate or experienced rider.* Price negotiable for a great home.
Please contact me if you are interested in Dakota: firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.673.7713.
Company / Facility:
Ransom Farm -
Picturesque, historical farm in center of Riverton (Barkhamsted).
- Daily turn-out with total of 3 stalls currently open for horses; additional run-in shelters in each pasture
- 3 pastures/paddocks for grazing and turn-out
- round pen
- large, flat field and mowed grass track available for riding
- TRAIL RIDING!! Our property borders the People's State Forest, which has miles of beautiful trails and paved/dirt roads! Access directly from our property into the state forest's trail system. A trail map is available. Trail riders couldn't ask for a more perfect place!
- quiet, private atmosphere
- full board
- hay is included during winter months when horses cannot graze; other feed is not included and will be the responsibility of horse owners
- all horses must be gentle, calm, and easy to handle as this is a family farm
- owners live on-site
We look forward to meeting you and your horse! Please call or email with any questions or to set up a time to come visit the farm.