Western Trail Horses is a training and sales center for all breeds and disciplines, operated by Warren Thompson. Assisting Warren with daily chores and training regiments is Benjamin Dyer. They focus on developing quiet, gentle horses for recreational, pleasure and trail riding. Warren teaches the horses to be patient, accept leadership, respect, and to trust the rider. Website:westerntrailhorses.com
Warren's training focuses on developing and maintaining feel, timing and balance. Training requires regular, consistent exercises, including ground work.
1. head position for catching, haltering and brideling
2. leading with feel - forwards, backwoard, right and left
3. shoulder and hip piviots - right and left
4. lateral and vertical flexion
5. following hand direction - forward and reverse
6. acceptance of objectionable materials
ie: accepting flags, plastic bags and lariats or a tarp on the ground
and over the saddle
7. standing quietly for saddling and mounting
8. waiting patiently for cue
9. responding with a float in the reins
Rate: $/Day , Number of Stalls: 12
Find Similar Farms:|
Horse Training and Disciplines|
Advanced, Beginner, Breaking, Driving, Ground, Intermediate, Problematic, Trail Riding, Western Pleasure, Western Riding,
Is this your farm or company?
If so, you can update this page by editing your company information.